Saturday, February 21, 2015


We just wrapped up our last class for "Illustrating Children's Books" at SVS! We covered a lot of ground in our 13 class sessions which started in January 2015. If you missed our LIVE class you can still get the videos of our class and see every lesson and presentation. You'll see all aspects of what it takes to illustrate artwork for all kinds of children's books. The art of visual storytelling is complex but anyone with the passion and dedication can master it with the right information. We do not have plans for our next LIVE session for this class but you can always check our site for new classes. 

We are giving free critiques to any group of ten people who buy this class and join together. Critiques for groups are held using GoToMeeting software online. We provide the forum and will draw over your work and tell you exactly what you need to do to move forward. If you have a group of 10 people interested in this class email us at svslearninfo@gmail.com to schedule your critique session. 

Here are a few emails we received after the class: 

I also wanted to let you and Jake know how much I am enjoying the course. You guys have really exceeded my expectations with the amount of information you’ve given us in the pdfs and all the critiques have been so helpful. You guys make it look so easy!   - Melissa

I love how you guys present the information on the courses. The interview with Stephen Fraser was so good. One of my favourite lessons.   -Judy

Thanks again to you and Jake for a really really great class.  I was an art major for just one year and it was awhile ago, but I cannot think of one class that was as substantive and well-organized or the instructors as prepared, interesting and fun as you & Jake.  I couldn't wait for that year to be over, but I definitely did NOT want this class to end  - Patty 

The price for this class will increase after we launch our new website in a month or two - stay on top of all our progress on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/schoolofvisualstorytelling You can also sign up for our email list from the facebook page.

- HD video recordings from each class
- 100 Page PDF download for Part 1
- 100 Page PDF download for Part 2
- 20 assignment workbook PDF
- Children's Book Art Checklist PDF
- Assignment Checklist 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Will,

    I was wondering if I could contact you more personally to ask questions regarding using the right proportions and sizing on a page to make a more realistic picture. I also want help drawing lines at the right angle to make something more believable. I have watched several videos on perspective drawing, and scaling to page but I am having trouble executing it in this genre. I am having trouble establishing the base guidelines to map out the rooms in my head. I know that once I have these fundamentals in place, I can keep refining the picture into my full idea.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free...