Saturday, December 18, 2010

Monkey & Croc Book Release!!!



I'm so proud to announce the release of my new ebook Monkey & Croc! I've had so much fun making this book and getting it ready before Christmas. I also had way too much fun with the trailer - I think I've watched too many movies. I now have the beginnings of a store on my site and you can download a PDF version of this book if you look over to the upper left side of my blog. If you happen to have a Barnes and Noble Nook ereader you can by this book from barnesandnoble.com Also Julie Olsen and her husband are working on an iphone and ipad app to release this book on itunes soon. I'm undecided whether to sell my book on Amazon right now - the kindle is still black and white and it looks like there is no color version in sight right now.

I'm not planning on publishing a hard copy version of this story on my own. Perhaps if it does well someone will want to offer it fully bound but until then it will only be in electronic form.

I really wanted to explore this new digital format and basically kick the tires on what's available right now. I've learned a lot in this process and have many more ideas for future books. Monkey and Croc has just begun but I have a feeling you'll be seeing more of them in the future.

I couldn't have done this without the help of my critique group - Brotique - I heavily rely on their help to tell me when my stories aren't any good. Like any good group of guys they don't sugar coat it - an average critique might sound like this: "dude - that sucks" or "ummmm - what were you thinkin???" Check out the Bros at Brotique.



9 comments:

  1. Wow, I love this and I'm so happy you did it! I'll have to download it for my grandson. I'm still chipping away at my Hansel and Gretel illustration in between Christmas baking. See what you started? Now, I can't quit working on it and it's growing out of control. LOL, just kidding. It has "grown" but I'm taking my time about it too. It's actually lots of fun and I wouldn't have done it without your prompt. So, thank you! Happy Holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a completely digital production?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool Will! You are an innovator! Love the illos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monkey and Croc is anything but a Croc! (bad pun intended) I hope you're grandson enjoys it Mrs. Whitaker - I wish I could be there to watch him as you read it to him. - Glad you like it Melissa - it was really fun to work on my own project. It's all digital Von - created in photoshop and a straight to digital download format - no plans for printing yet. Thanks Rob - coming from you it's really a compliment. Rob was one of my favorite teachers in college.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great stuff Will Congratulations and seasons greetings as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats to you on a fine product! I posted a comment but dont think it went through..if it did then double the kudos. if not hope your holidays are rockin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Mel! coming from you that's a BIG compliment! Back at you with the holiday fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It'll be out sooner than later. We're done building the app and are going through the build process with Apple. We hope they work fast. Pretty exciting. (by the way, my name is spelled with an "on" not "en" common mistake)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free...