Wednesday, June 19, 2013

What People Are Saying About Our Class


Some updates and announcements first.

Jake Parker and I are teaching an online children's book class. It's not too late to buy the "LITE" version.

We are probably going to run a critique only class but will only open it up to people who have taken our LITE or FULL class. The reason for this is so everyone is up to speed on the material we went over in class.  The critique only class will allow attendees the opportunity to get critiques and draw overs on their existing work or work from our class or work they haven't done yet.

The LITE class will only be available for a few more weeks - it will be gone on July 11th.

Here's the link to the class

We also have a facebook page for SVS here

These are some of the comments I pulled off of our facebook page:

Thank you Jake & Will, tonight was worth the price of admission. Awesome info.

Hello! I am one of the LITE students and I just finished listening to the first lesson. Thank you so much, Will and Jake, for sharing your experiences and insights. Can't wait till the next class!

Couldn't be more excited to be part of this class! After just the first lesson I have two pages full of useful info and a ton of inspiration.

Fantastic first class...love the personal sharing approach and tips on what you do to stay creative!

It really is a great and fresh approach to learning, you guys definitely have found a great format to share and keep it interesting.

No complaints on my end. Video & audio was coming through fine. And the content was fantastic. Super cool to have an opportunity for learning like that online.

wanted to thank you both (I couldn't even say Jake's environment rocked), So COOL, good to see the two of you riffing off each other

Thanks Will Terry and Jake! Great lesson... perspective is no longer a headache. I think watching it get manipulated was THE most helpful thing I've seen to date! Going to go practice!

Jake pushes beyond those normal perspective lessons. For him to say to not be exact because it makes you stiff. AND especially him showing the lines on his work was JUST INCREDIBLE

Just wanted to let you know I am loving the class! It's been super helpful and it is a great way for me to learn because I haven't been able to find any illustration classes where I live.

Re: tonight's class - I don't think I've ever learned so much in 2 hours before!

I'm loving it!!! THIS IS SUCH AN AMAZING CLASS! I wish it didn't have to end July 10th! (consider doing a part two class someday... *cough... cough, hint... hint*)
I really wish I coud have gotten into the full version class though, only because the an
ticipation of waiting for the classes to be uploaded is overbearing (I feel like a kid again waiting for Christmas day to open my presents!). But Im getting every pennies worth with the LITE version and Im VERY HAPPY! Thank you so much for this!!


I give this class an A++++ and I have been putting the lessons to good use in my illustrations. I am definitely interested in a critique class. Would it be possible to provide a list of resources and optional homework assignments? Not suggesting we turn the homework in...these activities would help reinforce the concepts presented in the each class session. Thank you both for making this class available!

I can't say enough about how much I have enjoyed this class! There is so much that have learned. My favorite classes to date have been Will's lecture on design and Jake's class on Character design. Both Will and Jake are incredible teachers! They are doing a great job putting a lot of information in such a short amount of time (Its my favorite part of the week so it goes extra fast for me). My cup is overflowing with tons of new ideas and concepts. Thank you Jake and Will for seeing the need for this class and putting your time and talent in providing such a great opportunity for all of us.

I think you guys are doing great! I'm learning loads of stuff in ever class and I think you two have a nice balance - asking each other questions, adding comments to the other's presentation, keeping an eye on time and questions on the chat board... Yeah, I'm pretty much having a blast absorbing everything I can from the two of you and every one else. Yay!


 

4 comments:

  1. The title illustration is great!))

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the comments was from me !!
    I can't begin to say how much I am enjoying the class. I have participated in other online "meetings". I'm really impressed with this one. There is not a huge wait time for you guys to get things going. Only one MINOR little thing with feedback in sound and that was taken care of within maybe 2 miynutes. Chat and video is all in one area .. I don't have to click here to get video and here to get the chat.

    Also, ya'll stay ON TIME. You both work with each to remind of the time and also watch the comments in the chat box and feed those questions to each other when one is doing the presentation. You get SO much covered in the time that you alot and don't go over .. which I love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://agyart.blogspot.com/ To say this will have an effect on my work doesn't even begin to cover it, though it probably won't be evident for a bit, as it takes time to become a part of one's process. I started doing weekly coloring pages after the first class because of what Jake had said, and figured it would help me become fast, and accountable. As of this week, I'm going to try incorporate everything I'm learning from class... it's all about the process, right? I thought you might like to read what I wrote about you and Jake and School of Visual Storytelling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't thank you enough Agy - I had tried to leave a comment the other day when you put it up and my computer was acting up - Jake and I are so happy with how this class is going and how much fun it's been! It makes me so happy to help! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free...