Monday, December 30, 2013

More Info on Painting Color & Light Class

First: These Santa images will be part of our homework optional assignments in our "Painting Color & Light" class. We'll be offering finished drawings to use for practice paintings of various color and lighting situations in our LIVE class. Recorded class members will also receive the homework assignments but will not receive the critiques. In a few weeks we'll send out all of our homework options so students can pick and choose what they want to work on during the class.


Second: Because we have so much information to give out on our upcoming Painting Color & Light Class we have decided to offer a few short prep classes.  These classes will be FREE for those who can attend them LIVE online. We will offer the recordings in our store afterwards for a fee but if you can make it on January 7th at 7:00 MST you will be able to join us live for free - we'll send out links to join our GTM session so put your email in the comments below if you would like to receive the joining links. We will upgrade to a higher level of software to accommodate over 100 attendees if there is that much interest.




We'll go over many principles that you would learn in a color theory and rendering class to bring students up to speed for the "Painting Color & Light" class. It's very helpful to be able to hit the ground running when we start our 7 week class and we want everyone to feel like they understand what we're talking about in that class. (did I say 7 weeks? yes - we added another critique class for our LIVE students!) Below you will see the material we will cover in our prep classes:




Light and Shadow What is value and how is it used? What are gradients and how do they work in a drawing? Can drawings work in mostly light values, dark values, both? Lighting shapes What direction should my light be coming from? How does light fall on a sphere, cube, cylinder, & human form? What is the relationship between the darkest dark and lightest light? why is reflected light important to show form? What are cast shadows and what happens to their edges? What direction do shadows go? What are occlusion shadows
Painting Color What colors should I buy or use? Are white and black colors? Should you ever use black? What happens when you mix various colors? What are cold & warm colors? What is a vibrating color? What are color opposites? What’s the difference between primary, secondary, and tertiary colors? What are tints, shades, and gradients? What is a triad? How can you neutralize two colors? What’s is a complimentary color scheme and an analogous color scheme? How can I get rich color in my painting?

Our email list is continually growing and all our upcoming classes and announcements are sent out to our email list first. Put your name and email below to stay up to date on what we're doing at SVS!

27 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this! marciaurila@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all in! lisa@thompsonhome.com Thanks Will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I'd like the links for the prep classes. Thank you. proyst@mchsi.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love the link to the prep class. kazgirl80@live.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to join the prep class too. joyillustrated@gmail.com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, would like to join the prep class too. edwardlvalerie@gmail.com. Thanks for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks awesome! I totally want in! altillustration@gmail.com Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like in on the prep class too, thanks in advance Will! danette@danettedesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes please! :) shaione3@gmail.com Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I'd love to join the prep class! finsc@hotmail.com. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes please, add me - what28forde@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes. I want to join the prep class. I can't afford to do one of the other classes with just starting out my career, but I am curious as to what is going on at SVS to see if I want to join a course later. mandymilliron@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Will, please count me in for this class. laurie@chambers.org
    Thanks!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Would love to join! Please add my email: dhiancoux@yahoo.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love SVS! Looking forward to attending a class sometime this year—just waiting to have the money for it.

    Please add me to the mailing list so I can continue to follow along, thank you!

    hello@kelsadilla.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. i just signed up! very excited!
    magieserpica@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. If it's not too late! JaradCreates @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Will.

    Please add me in as well.
    mydiychat@gmail.com

    Really looking forward! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sign me up too!
    bobbymccusker@gmail.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Me too.
    lmdingus@yahoo.com
    thanks Will.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Please sign me up for your Painting color & Light class.
    Thanx!
    lillianjaxon@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thought I signed up earlier, did not see my comment: vangardpace@yahoo.com
    Thanks Will!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm really interested in this class would loved to be signed up for the first live session and the mailing list :) stephaniehov@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love to get in on these prep classes! quantum.feline@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. If anyone wants the joining link just go to our facebook page - we put it up there! https://www.facebook.com/schoolofvisualstorytelling

    ReplyDelete

Feel free...