Saturday, October 20, 2012

School Visits and Pranks in Katy Texas

I just got back from a week of school visits in Katy Texas this past week. I had a great time and the librarians that hosted me were amazingly kind, organized, and very helpful in making the presentations very successful - THANK YOU!

The following video shows a few pranks, librarians, and part of my presentation if you're interested in what I do when I'm at a school. I have so much fun working with the kids!



I signed a ton of books, gave a ton of drawing lessons, and made a lot of friends. The kids in Texas are great!

I love how the kids get quiet when it's their turn to draw - and they're really good at it! I think Picasso was right when he said that every kid is an artist.

I even met a facebook friend - Katarina Perez an up and coming illustrator/animator from Katy who skipped school to check out what we were doing.

I made this bookmark one night in my hotel room on my iPad for the teachers and librarians to pass out to kids just for fun.

Each school had a bunch of books to sign so we would arrive at the schools early and I would get to work. I usually had to stay after school to finish them up...some things never change :)

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fantastic time! Congrats on the successful visits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so good at explaining things to kids. It's a special gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny!! We loved having you at Stanley Elementary! Come back anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must have been so cool for the kids to get a lesson from an illustrator with your kind of talent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been considering an Ipad thanks to all of your beaming reviews. I was curious to find out how much memory you recommend for the the drawings you do and the videos you take?

    Thanks!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Feel free...